One of multinational companies realise projets with a 700 MEuros turnover and 1000 employees designs and builds throughtout the world major civil engineering structures (tunnels, bridges, dams, liquefied natural gas storage tanks, road and rail infrastructure) and buildings (skyscrapers, shopping centres, hotels, major industrial facilities, nuclear power plants.
To support the execution of its Projects Construction company is looking for Contract Managers on site.
Within the Project Team, the Contract Manager is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of the Main Contract (incl. handling correspondence, assessing and managing claims, handling change orders, negotiating and formalising amendments);
- Liaising with the Engineer and/or the Employer, as requested by the Project Director;
- Handling subcontracting in coordination with the relevant Heads of Departments i.e. tendering, negotiating and formalising sub-contracts, supply contracts, lease agreements, purchase orders;
- Day-to-day management of the subcontracts (incl. handling correspondence, assessing and managing claims, handling change orders, negotiating and formalizing amendments);
- Liaising with the sub-contractors and other third parties involved in the Project, as requested by the Project Director;
- Preparing and following-up on-going and future claims, in close cooperation with Construction company Legal Affairs;
- Work-out and maintain updated list of subcontractors and suppliers;
- Implementing Construction company Contract Tool Box and Follow-Up Kits, as directed by Construction company Legal Affairs;
- If so requested, assisting in obtaining and maintaining necessary permits, licences and approvals;
- Any tasks or things ancillary, complementary or conductive to the above duties and responsibilities.
The candidate is expected to have gained 5-to-10-year exposure to major construction or infrastructure projects, in the construction, oil-and-gas or utilities industry, working for a major EPC contractor, in an international environment, under FIDIC Conditions of Contract. Experience abroad on D&B projects would be an added advantage. To succeed, the candidate will need to be flexible and quick to adapt, well organised, extremely rigorous, self-motivated, hands-on and dedicated. A fluent English is compulsory. Spanish is an added value.