Retail Operations Director (ROD)
- Job reference:23968
- Location:Russia (Moscow)
- Job type:Permanent
- Date posted:28 Jan 2014
Our client is one of the CEE’s leading developers and operators of specialist Shopping Centres, and is also an acknowledged expert authority in emerging markets. This dynamic organisation has already built a portfolio of award-winning Shopping Centres across Central Europe, and prides itself on its ability to forge and sustain strong and long-lasting partnerships with Tenant Brands and Retailers as well as Investors.
They now seek to recruit a talented and experienced Retail Operations Director to spearhead this new flagship Retail destination in Moscow. As the on-site leader and figurehead of this important and prestigious asset, your key objectives are as follows:
· Maximise retail sales and profits of the Centre, whilst ensuring quality standards of operational excellence
· Identify and address ongoing business development opportunities
· Act as ‘brand’ ambassador in the local/regional community
· Your key objectives are to pursue a proactive partnership approach to working with tenants, monitoring formalised joint objectives geared to targeted increases in retail sales and densities. This is very much about driving “Sales per Square Metre”, and not just “Rental per Square Metre”.
· You will be expected to maintain and develop highest possible retail standards, including visual merchandising, promotional activity, customer conversion loyalty and the quality of store management.
The successful candidate will play a pro-active role in the ongoing strategic planning process, maximising shareholder value whilst sensitive to local, regional and national cultural / community issues. Experience in budgeting, forecasting and strategic business planning is vital, as is the ability to provide practical guidance and counsel on business issues to local tenants, and lobbying effectively where appropriate with local / regional authority.
This role demands an energetic self-starter, fast and responsive thinker who is passionate about getting the best for and from people.
Experience within the local Russian retail marketplace is mandatory, Fluency in both Russian and English (oral and written) and other languages is essential.
This vacancy has now expired.